Shelley Allturner | Modern Barossa Valley Marriage Celebrant

Foreign Couples

Are you planning an Australian wedding?

The Barossa Valley is such a beautiful and iconic location to have an Australian wedding. There are many gorgeous venues to choose from whether you are after an intimate wedding with a few guests or a larger wedding. I can help get you started on planning your Australian wedding with ideas and referrals to local providers.The most important first step after booking me (or another celebrant) is to complete and sign the Notice of Intended Marriage within one month of your wedding. Your signature/s can be witnessed by certain overseas officials such as: ▫ an Australian Diplomatic Officer ▫ an Australian Consular Officer ▫ a Notary Public ▫ an employee of the Commonwealth authorised under paragraph 3(c) of the Consular Fees Act 1955, or ▫ an employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorised under paragraph 3(d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955.

Once signed, the Notice of Intended Marriage can be faxed or emailed to me and the original delivered to me on your arrival to Australia.I will also need to sight two original documents to prove your identity and your date and place of birth - these can initially be faxed or emailed to me and I can then see the originals when you arrive in Australia.

Prospective Marriage Visa to enter Australia

If one party is an Australian Citizen or resident and you are applying for a Prospective Marriage Visa, I can assist with documents to confirm your upcoming wedding.I will meet with one or both of you (depending on your circumstances) to sign a Notice of Intended Marriage and I will also prepare a letter to be sent to the relevant Australian Embassy/Consular office confirming that you have booked me for your marriage ceremony. You may need to obtain an Apostille Certificate on your Marriage Certificate to ensure it is recognised overseas. See here for more information. Contact me to chat further.